Saturday, November 13, 2010

Due Date-review


Comedies are really immune to a lot of my rants and raves I think because unlike sci-fi and horror comedy is truly subjective.  That being said this will likely be a short review.  This is a good movie.  Robert Downey Jr. plays an asshole named Peter who, as far as I could see, deserved everything that happened to him.  Zach Galifianakis plays Ethan who is a lovable dork that keeps making things worse in their trip across country.

So I while I enjoyed this movie.  I have to say it. It is a huge rip off of “Planes, Trains and Automobiles.”  It has just about the same mood and if you were to draw a chart of what is going through the main character’s mind probably in both movies I imagine that  the character arc would line up pretty spot on between the Peter character and the Neil character too.  Is it worth seeing? Yeah.  But do keep in mind this story was done before and with a lot more heart.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment