Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Human Centipede-review


There is no "I" in Human Centipede...oh wait.
           I am not going to go into too much detail on this one.  Frankly people have talked this one to death.  Plus comedian Daniel Tosh did a spoiler on his show “Tosh.0” so I would not be doing much service to reveal anything.  I have watched this movie a few times though and a few people have asked me what I thought of it.
           
            I actually kind of like it.  It’s strange and yet horrific.  The mad scientist played by Dieter Laser, whose name already sounds like a mad scientist, gives a very distinct and over the top performance.  Akhiro Kitamura also did a decent job considered what a strange movie it was. 

            I think what makes it so popular is the fact that it’s seeing folks sewn ass to mouth.  It’s like hearing about two girls and one cup.  Now pretty much everyone has seen it out of shear curiosity.  I do remember seeing previews for it in Bear’s Tooth and hearing folks laughing their asses off when they saw what the human centipede looked like. 

            I can imagine with the popularity it’s generated it’ll make a sequel.  And of course since it was called the “First Sequence” why not?  But the story really would have to come from a different direction unless it’s a prequel.  But I didn’t find it nearly as bad as some of the other crap I see.  It’s exactly what you expect it to be: A dark horror story about a mad surgeon with some ass-to-mouth interests.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment