Sunday, September 25, 2011

Moneyball-review


I want my 100 Red Socks scalps!
“Moneyball” tells the story of how General Manager for the Oakland A’s, Billy Beane, attempted to create a more competitive team using statistics. Billy, played by Brad Pitt, finds that the Oakland A’s financial situation puts them in at a severe disadvantage compared to other teams when it comes to finding players.  So he and Peter Brand, played by Jonah Hill, use the statistics of the players to build the best team they can for the least amount of money.

This is Phillips "I just sharted." face.
I am not a big sports fan but despite that fact I still found “Moneyball” to be entertaining.  The cast is pretty decent, Phillip Seymour Hoffman does well as usual and Pitt is fine.  Jonah Hill is actually fairly likeable which considering the roles he normally plays I find so utterly shocking.  He portrays Peter with a mix of humble awe and youthful naiveté that the role really needed.  So the part really worked for him. 

How do I say no to yet another Judd Apatow movie?
All in all I would say it’s worth seeing.  It’s feels a tad long at times though.  There are some scenes that really should have been trimmed.  But that is nitpicking.  I think it might be better as a rental. It’s still a good story. So if you might enjoy a story for the underdog this one will at least do the trick

No comments:

Post a Comment