Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Fun with "Lost in Translation."

The ending to "Lost in Translation" has spawned a number of theories of what Bill Murray’s character whispers to Scarlett Johannson.  Not that it matters really.  I think it’s better leaving it ambiguous and showing them both parting happily.  That says a lot more.  Keep in mind that the last thing we hear them say to one another is “Okay?” and “Okay”. For grins though let’s pick the top 10 things Bill Murray could have whispered from his former movies before he asks the audible “Okay?”. 
10. Oh what does that old queen know?-Ed Wood.
9. Forecast is for “bad craziness”.-Where the Buffalo Roam
8. I’m reliving the same day over and over-Groundhog Day
7. There are two types of people in the world: Those who like Neil Diamond and whose who don’t. - What about Bob?
6. No, you are a hallucination brought on by alcohol.. Russian vodka poisoned by Chernobyl-Scrooged
5. Please don’t make fun of me. I just wanted to flirt with you.-The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou
4. You can’t go all the plants are gonna die!-Stripes
3. You’re lean, mean , and I bet you’re not too far in between ya.-Caddyshack.
2. You’re on a gravy train with biscuit wheels.-Kingpin
1. I don’t have to take this abuse from you. I’ve got hundreds of people dying to abuse me.-Ghostbusters

No comments:

Post a Comment